Monday, September 20, 2010

I Learned A Lot and Sold Nothing

I learned a lot at the Art in the Park festival, but I didn’t sell a single thing. From what we’ve been told, I am the only vendor who did not sell anything at all. It pretty much stinks that I didn’t sell anything but I did learn some very important things.

A bit of background: It rained. Most of the day. We ended up leaving early because I was soaked and freezing. Now on to what I learned. LOL

  • Get a tent. I don’t care if you think you won’t need it, get one. You’ll need it eventually.
  • Bring an umbrella. When you’re transporting things from car to booth, you’ll need something to keep from getting soaked.
  • Don’t forget the chairs! My feet, knees, and back were screaming at me by the time I got home, and I was only there 3 of the 6 hours of the festival.
  • Don’t think you can get by with just a card table.

The person I shared the space with and I barely got anyone to even look at our items. We decided it was due to us not having a tent or having a professional looking setup. Everyone else there had tents, racks, tables, etc, and we had just card tables with nothing else to use for display purposes.

We will be attempting Art in the Park again next year, but next year, we’ll be better prepared!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting out there, great that you've taken it as a learning experience :-)

    ReplyDelete