Thursday, October 28, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
This week our blog carnival from EtsyBloggers is hosted by Mystic Wynd. She wants to know the following:
1. Halloween is just around the corner. What is the best Halloween costume you've ever worn or designed for someone else to wear? What made it so special?
2. Tell us about your top 3 favorite horror movies. What is it about them that scares you?
Costume wise I think the best costume I’ve ever worn would probably be the year I was a witch when I worked for Convergys in Texas. I had on a black dress, black nylons, black heels, painted my face green, and had the witch hat on. I also had a stuffed black cat that I carried along with a broom. We had a “Witch Alley” that year and all of us that dressed up as witches sat there. It was pretty cool, especially when the boss shot us weird looks every time he walked by! :D
My top 3 favorite horror movies in no particular order would be: SAW series, Halloween (Rob Zombie versions), and Friday the 13th series (originals). To be perfectly honest, none of them actually scare me. I rarely even jump when watching a horror movie, which drives most people I watch them with up the wall! SAW is kind of gross though, so sometimes I’ll look away because I’m squeamish, not because I’m scared.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
The answer is simply that purple is my favorite color. However, that is not to say that I see too many purple beads that I am particularly fond of. I tend more towards turquoise, amethyst (yes, I know, that IS purple LOL), carnelian (gorgeous for autumn items), and the seemingly un-ending rainbow of colors that Crystallized Swarovski Elements beads are available in.
But I do use a lot of purple in my crochet items. Right now I’m doing the Bernat Mystery Crochet-Along and using a dark purple instead of the lavender. I’m making another afghan that I’m doing in purples, blues, and greens, and let me tell you, it’s shaping up to be a gorgeous blanket. I can’t wait for it to be finished! But that one isn’t for sale – that one is mine! :D
I do want to show you my latest bracelet though – it’s perfect for autumn!
Please excuse the obvious mess around it – this isn’t intended to be a “sales” photo for Etsy – I just wanted to be able to show the bracelet off! :D
And with that, I am off to settle down for bed – 7:30 comes quickly and I have church in the morning! :)
Thursday, October 7, 2010
This go-around, our blog carnival by the Etsy Bloggers Team is brought to us by SpottedCowSoaps who asked us the following questions:
1. What are some fun activities you like to do in the fall. (travel, apple picking, etc)
2. Show us some awesome photos of autumn in and around where you live.
1) In the fall I like to just walk around and view the leaves. I love the colors the leaves turn, and recently was inspired to do some jewelry and afghans that remind me of the colors of fall. :) Of course, there is Halloween that I adore as well, and I love to decorate the house for Halloween and let my black kitty sit in the window. :D
2) I’m not a very good photographer and frankly don’t have any pictures of fall here. I wish I did – ask me again during winter and you might get a few pictures from last year’s blizzard! LOL
I know I haven’t done well at keeping up on this blog, but to be honest, I haven’t really been creating much of anything lately. I hope to change that, but enough about me and my blog. :) Today I’m here to talk about Margaret of SpledidLittleStars!
Margaret has TWO Etsy shops – the first one, Splendid Little Stars is where she sells hand-dyed clothing and accessories. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scrunchies! If my hair were long again, I’d snap them up in a heartbeat!
After that she also has the Sparkly Park store, which is where she features her gorgeous earrings – I so want those little angel earrings!
Plus, if you visit her blog you’ll find all sorts of things like photography, jewelry, and other arts and crafts. It’s a great blog to check out! Congrats Margaret!!