Sunday, October 10, 2010

What’s With All The Purple?

Recently I had an e-mail in which the sender asked me why I have so much purple. My site at Webs.com is based around a light shade of purple. This blog has a dark shade of purple as it’s “far back” background. I have used purple rimmed graphics both here and at my Etsy shop, and my Artfire shop (which I need to set my color scheme again now that I am a Pro member again) is done in purples.
The answer is simply that purple is my favorite color. However, that is not to say that I see too many purple beads that I am particularly fond of. I tend more towards turquoise, amethyst (yes, I know, that IS purple LOL), carnelian (gorgeous for autumn items), and the seemingly un-ending rainbow of colors that Crystallized Swarovski Elements beads are available in.
But I do use a lot of purple in my crochet items. Right now I’m doing the Bernat Mystery Crochet-Along and using a dark purple instead of the lavender. I’m making another afghan that I’m doing in purples, blues, and greens, and let me tell you, it’s shaping up to be a gorgeous blanket. I can’t wait for it to be finished! But that one isn’t for sale – that one is mine! :D
I do want to show you my latest bracelet though – it’s perfect for autumn!
DSC00161
Please excuse the obvious mess around it – this isn’t intended to be a “sales” photo for Etsy – I just wanted to be able to show the bracelet off! :D
And with that, I am off to settle down for bed – 7:30 comes quickly and I have church in the morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment