Wednesday, November 16, 2011

EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival for 11/14/11 - 11/27/11

BunnyKissd of FaerieGardenFancies asks us these two questions this Blog Carnival:

1. November is National Novel Writing Month. As a blogger, have you ever though of crossing over and writing a book? Have you ever tried NaNoWriMo? Win or lose, tell us about your experience!

2. November is also National Diabetes Month. Do you have diabetes or has your life ever been touched by it? Please share any stories you have...

Well, actually, I *have* tried NaNoWriMo, twice now. The first time I failed miserably after only two or three days. I just didn't like the book I was working on and so I just gave up for that year. I tried again the year after that, with a different novel. That time I got about 30,000 words into the novel before losing interest in it. Every so often I go back and look at the novel again and write a few more sentences. I figure at this point I'll finish it in the year 3,011. LOL

As for diabetes, while I am not diabetic, my birth mother, grandparents on my birth mother's side, and several family members on my birth mother's side are/were diabetic. One of my best friends is also diabetic. I have seen firsthand the havoc this disease can wreak on a person's body -  my birth mother had almost every known complication from blindness to kidney failure. Diabetes is a horrible disease and I give whenever I can to help find better treatments for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment